Identity Verification and Social Security
Trustworthy Applicants | Social Security Report | Crime Free Screening
Verifying the identity of a potential tenant is an essential task for any real estate investor, landlord, or property manager. That’s because some renters may be concealing criminal records and eviction histories.
Our team of skilled investigators is here to verify and cross-check the identities of rental applicants and look into any gaps or discrepancies that may arise between credit reports, rental histories, and other personal information provided by potential tenants.
Tips to Reduce ID Fraud in Your Rental Business
- Inspect each form of identification provided, and ensure the given names, photos, and birthdates match.
- Do not accept any Social Security card beginning with the number “nine,” as this is not valid for any US resident.
- Carefully examine any driver’s license or formal piece of identification provided. Obvious forgeries are often made of cardboard and non-plastic materials.
- Check the date of issue, and expiration dates, of any ID provided.
- Ensure that the information given by the potential tenant matches the information listed on his identification.
For an added layer of security and protection, ISC products and services are available to help you find, keep, and manage the right tenants for your rental property.